Become a Millwright.
Millwrights and Technical Engineers receive training through a formal apprenticeship process. The Apprenticeship Training Program consists of on-the-job training along with supplemental classroom instruction in course work established by the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America for a minimum of 200 hours per year for four years. In addition, they must attend all scheduled safety training.
The training received during the apprenticeship includes:
- Use of tools
- Experience with machinery
- Experience involving engineering principals, optical instruments, and related information with blueprints
- Maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must submit a copy of your birth certificate
- Must have an interest and aptitude for the craft
- Must have a good aptitude for mathematics